The Parent Handbook, Health Form & Waiver and meet sign up forms are available in your mailbox. It is CRITICAL that you complete the Health Form & Waiver IMMEDIATELY and include your e-mail address (at the top of the form). Your primary e-mail address will be needed as we prepare for the team new website.
Our team apparel supplier Kast-A-Way will be at the YMCA on Thursday, September 20th from 6:00-8:00 pm. Suit and apparel orders will be taken. You are strongly encouraged to bring your swimmer for suit try-on as the fabric is new and Speedo has changed their sizing. The suits and apparel include our NEW penguin logo! NOTE: TEAM SUITS ARE REQUIRED THIS SEASON! See # 1.
QUICK RECAP OF NEW RULES THIS SEASON:
1. TEAM SUIT - Swimmers are required to wear our "TEAM" suit -or- a solid black competition suit at meets this season. The "TEAM" suit can be the new Endurance team suit or the Fastskin (offered by Kast-A-Way) or the black Penguin suit from previous seasons.
2. TEAM CAPS - Team swim caps are required at meets. The team cap is the silver Penguin cap or black Zone cap.
3. SWIM CAPS - Swimmers with hair below their ears are required to wear a swim cap at practice.
4. FINS - Some swimmers are required to have fins. There will be FIN fitting on Sunday, September 30th from 6:00-7:00 pm. Swimmers will be notified if fins are required.
5. SERVICE AWARDS - To be eligible for a Service Award at the end of the season, swimmers must participate in four (4) meets. Two of those meets must be in 2008. (High School swimmers may only have the opportunity to participate in one (1) meet in 2008 so two meets is not required).
6. SWIMMER CELL PHONES are NOT permitted on the pool deck during practice or meets. They should be in swimmer's bag only. Cell phones are NOT permitted in locker rooms.
7. LATE policy this season is "6" minutes! Details in the handbook.
8. WATCHING PRACTICE - Parents can watch practice, but NEW RULE this season: Parents cannot sit at the end of any lanes that are conducting swim practice. There are bleachers and chairs available on the SIDES of the indoor and outdoor pools.
9. ENTRY FEES must be included with meet sign up forms for Invitationals and League Championships. You may also include a deposit for future fees.
*** PLEASE REVIEW THE HANDBOOK AND UPCOMING MEET DEADLINES. ***